I create works of art that are personally important to me, reflect who I am as a person and artist. I find my art seems to be related to my technological interests as well as my clean and organized aesthetic. I essentially create art for me, art I enjoy and find aesthetically pleasing...
Download the full artist statement using the link above
As an art educator, I believe that art is the visual representation of the other subjects. What you learn in other disciplines will start up and drive your art. A culmination of all other learning shifted through an artistic transmission. Incorporating other subject matter into the art classroom is a great way to make student connections that reinforce all learning...
Download the full teacher philosophy using the link above
Secondary experience includes:
Long Term Art Teacher Position:
- 7th Grade Art
- Alternative High School Art (Foundations and Drawing and Painting
Per Diem Art Sub:
- 6th Grade Art
- 7th Grade Art
- 8th/9th Grade Foundations in Art
- 10th Grade Drawing and Painting
- Jewelry, Advanced Studio, Digital Imaging, Crafts, and Ceramics
- Foundations in Art, Digital Imaging, Traditional Imaging, and Jewelry,
- Elements and Principles of Art, Traditional Fine Arts, Drawing, Painting, Charcoal, Ceramics, Book Making, Fibers, Digital Media Arts, Digital and Traditional Photography, Web Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Muse and InDesign.
Elementary Experience Includes:
Per Diem Art Substitute:
- 1st through 5th Grade General Art
- Kindergarten through 5th Grade General Art
- Elements and Principles of Art, Traditional Fine Arts, Drawing, Cutting, Gluing, Ceramics, Printmaking, Still Life, Photoshop, Fibers, Crafts, and Painting.
The most obvious research I participate in is discipline based. I use this method to stay on top of my field. Searching for new artists, interesting techniques and modern media on the internet, in magazines and in videos in order to stay ahead of the curve. This helps me shift with the times and keep the students engaged throughout their entire learning career...
Download the full teacher researcher using the link above
80 Spring Blossom Circle
Henrietta, NY 14467
Download the full resume using the link above
Bachelors and Masters in Art Education
Nazareth College of Rochester
West Ridge Elementary - Greece NY
Brockport High School - Brockport NY
COPYRIGHT MATTHEW NABER 2017
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED